[Texmacs-dev] The help system

From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] The help system
Date: 16 Sep 2002 01:25:02 +0200

I have updated my copy of the online help.

      awesome

I have made some minor corrections. In my opinion we should concentrate
hard on getting a very good english version before massively starting
translations. Perhaps Phil Mendelsohn can help with proofreading (we
need english native speakers).

I would like to suggest a \comment environment which appears in a not
too distracting color. It would be useful for communication between
developers, translators, etc about the documentation. If we do not
formalize this, I see everybody making his notes in a different style
(we can make notes on the docs, righ? as long as they are pre-release at
least). This environment should only appear if the variable
show-comments is set to yes. We'd ship the docs with show-comments off,
but interested users could set it on so as to learn where their
help is needed.

A parenting mechanism implemented as
parent->child1->child2
(somewhat like the menu macro). It could be an interesting addition in
order to avoid making users feel lost in the hierarchy.

I guess ,ail adresses should appear as mailto links.
I suggest the names at the bottom to be such links (so
that translators can be contacted). Alternatively, a custom page could
be set for attributions.

BTW, what's the right policy with links to the internet? They're set in
verbatim, but not marked as hyperlinks, why?.

Have fun, álvaro.

--
álvaro.tejero.cantero
alqua.com, la red en estudio