[Texmacs-dev] Octave interface

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Octave interface
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:29:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I have included some preliminary support for Octave in TeXmacs-1.0.0.18,
following the patch by Michael Graffam with several modifications.

1. The *.m files including .octaverc moved to $TEXMACS_PATH/misc/octave
   and the startup script has been modified accordingly.

2. I improved mat2scm.m.

3. I enabled mathematical input in octave.scm.

At this point, the interface seems to be working fine for textual output.
It would be nice if Michael or Andrey could find a way to call "tmdisp" or
something even better (it is probably better to use LaTeX output,
which is likely to be less subject to modifications) for all output.
It would be great if such a thing were possible without modifying
the Octave sources. If not, then we will use Andrey's patch and
we will have to contact the Octave maintainers (who do not seem
to be very responsive...).

Best wishes, Joris

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor