[Texmacs-dev] The TeXmacs web site

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] The TeXmacs web site
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:06:43 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

Pablo and Alvaro proposed me some time ago to redesign the TeXmacs
web site. I think that this is a good idea, even though this is
not crucially urgent.

One problem is that we can not install Zope on the web server,
so the pages must be simple Html (Php3 is allowed).
In fact, I propose a new strategy, which is to make the web pages
a part of the new online documentation. As soon as the TeXmacs -> Html
will be more powerful, this will allow us to automatically create
the website from the TeXmacs sources (modulo a few precautions).
This should be so in a few months from now.

Pablo and Alvaro: do you like this idea?
Would you volunteer for maintaining such a TeXmacs web site by CVS?

<Joris>

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage