[Texmacs-dev] Re: Zope objects through TeXmacs.

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Zope objects through TeXmacs.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:31:00 +0100 (MET)

> So here go the instructions (estimated time: 2'):

Well, a bit more...

> Do google: ExternalEditor and download "zopeedit", a client application
> which must be installed in /usr/local/bin (it's a simple python script).
> If you use windows (I know you don't) there's a dumb installer which I
> have not tested.
>
> Then you bind the mimetype application/x-zope-edit to
> /usr/local/bin/zopeedit.py in mozilla or whatever browser you use
> (tested: galeon, mozilla). Then you go to
>
> http://alqua.com/tmresources/tmdocs/manage
>
> and click in the small pencil at the side of ivt.tm (a paper by Joris
> which is being used as the test document). You should be prompted what
> program you want to use for opening it. Obviously, texmacs.

I got this to work, except that the ivt.tm paper gives me an error:

        Fatal error: No active view in 'tm_server_rep::get_meta'

If I just open the same paper from texmacs.org/Examples,
the file does open up correctly...

I tried to save a local TeXmacs file to alqua too,
but this does not seem to work either in a way one expects...
I think that this is a recurrent problem with Zope:
the ideas seem very nice, but I always have trouble,
even for simple operations.