[Texmacs-dev] HTML tables RFC1942

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] HTML tables RFC1942
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 04:12:31 +0100

TeXmacs is not quite there because it reads a whole document before
displaying it but I thought this would be interesting in its own
right.

On a discussion in the list of the Paris Perl Mongueurs
about generating HTML from a web server. Someone noted
that it was not necessary to wait for the complete generation
of a document before starting sending it because the Content-Length
header is optional (see RFC 2616 14.13).

Then someone noted that not all browsers supporting incremental
display were created equal. Some browsers, when unhelped, wait the
complete resception of a table (closing </TABLE>) to display it.  He
noted that the RFC1942 discussed an autolayout algorithm. I don't know
if this can blend with TeXmacs but I wanted to be sure that this spec
did not came unnoticed.

BTW: I am very unhappy with wanadoom so I am about to switch to
free.fr. Please note that address@hidden is my new e-mail address.

--
  stef