Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bracket convenience

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bracket convenience
Date: 21 Mar 2003 14:43:43 -0700

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 04:34, address@hidden wrote:

> Generally, it would be nice to have simple and efficient mechanisms to
> operate on the selection from Scheme. I can think of three approaches,
> each useful for a different purpose:

I agree.  Before I decided to use cut and paste, I was looking through
the Scheme code for a (get-selection) (kill-selection)
(insert-selection) combo, but couldn't find one.  Kill selection is
already there in the form of Edit -> Clear (although it doesn't work).
I don't know whether we have a way of inserting a tree at the current
position, a tree such as the one that would be produced by an equally
unavailable function, such as (get-selection).

Also, for some reason, in the (make-brackets) code, I tried using
(cursor-left) in order for the cursor to end up in between the left and
right brackets at the end of the execution of the function.  That didn't
work, for some reason.