Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:20:50 +0200

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:13:59AM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> 1448: Applied with many changes
> 1453: Still needs to be checked by me
> 1473: Applied with changes; the DRD information is now
>   in latex-drd.scm and latex-symbol-drd.scm. To do:
>   move the symbols which are still in latex-drd.scm to
>   latex-symbol-drd.scm and remove those which are already
>   defined there (and add an extra rule to redefine them).
> 1486, 1497, 1501, 1504: Applied
>
> David: have all patches been updated? I have the impression
> that there are still some patches which have already been
> applied, like 1400, but I may be wrong.

AFAIK all patches which are still assigned to you are waiting for you.

Some actions which would change their assignation;

  1) Announcing they are merged.

     Then I quote your comments and assign them to myself to check in
     the new releases.

  2) Merging them silently.

     That has happened for some patches in 1.0.1.12. I do not like it
     but I try to figure it out when it happens. Then I close them the
     usual way.

  3) Asking for an update.

     Then I assign them to the originator until they are updated.

  4) Rejecting them.

     Then I add your rejection comment and set their status to
     deleted.

I'd also like if you sometimes do the status changes as you go. Except
closing them after a merge, which requires an independent pair of
eyeballs.

> Nix (how do you want us to call you?): it might be good that
> you help David with the closure of applied patches from your making.

Yes, please.

Just tell me if they were applied properly. When a patch is applied
with substantial changes I generally cannot tell if the intent of the
originator was preserved.

--
                                                            -- ddaa