Re: [Texmacs-dev] Spell checking

From: Michèle Garoche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Spell checking
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 21:01:24 +0200

Le vendredi, 6 juin 2003, à 17:15 Europe/Paris, Martin Costabel a écrit :

On vendredi, juin 6, 2003, at 12:02 Europe/Paris, Michèle Garoche wrote:

Le vendredi, 6 juin 2003, à 10:32 Europe/Paris, David Allouche a écrit :
TeXmacs 1.0.1.14 included a modification in the way dictionnary *.hash
files are looked up. Check for find_dictionnary and init_dictionnary
in edit_spell.cc for details.

I modified the fink package to look in /sw/lib etc instead of /usr/lib/ispell etc. Michèle, is this what you want? It is texmacs-1.0.1.14-2.
I did not want anything at first, just that people be aware there is a problem with this implementation. I've got rid of the sym link I'd created, I've updated via cvs and it works fine now with ispell, but it does not seem to catch aspell which would be better though (I probably have to do something I ignore to have aspell working in place of ispell).

Many thanks.

issues, but very recently ispell released a new version and with this release there was no way to spell check (not only under TeXmacs, but under any package).
This one I don't understand. The fink ispell package hasn't changed since almost a year.
I don't know but two weeks ago or so when installing a new package (don't remember which) to be asked for picking a variant between gutenberg and other variant (maybe with gtranslator, not sure though).

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>