[Texmacs-dev] Please help for newby debugging problems!

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Please help for newby debugging problems!
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:19:55 +0200

Hi there,

I just started to do dig into the TeXmacs internals trying to debug a
extremely strange problem with references. (It definitely is a bug, but I
have not yet managed to isolate it from my 100k diploma thesis. So I guess I
have to hunt the bug myself...)

Currently I get stuck in packages/section/section-book.ts:
The chapter and appendix macro both use <surround|||>  while section does not
use it. What exactly does <surround|||> do in that context? The entry in the
WiKi is not very conclusive.

Generally: is there a way to display nested tags like the "chapter" macro
definition in some human-readable form? Preamble mode does not help at all.
The only way I managed to understand what is happening was to use a text
editor and rearrange the huge line by hand. Is there any description of the
detailed syntax of texmacs files? Especially the exact handling of white
space and line breaks would help. (Including the question how far TeXmacs
preserves whitespace, line-breaks and indentation when reading/saving files.)

Currently the readability and editabilty (funny word! but edibility just
wouldn't do... :-)   ) of style files really is a huge barrier for starting
extending and debugging the set of styles.

Ciao,
Nobbi

--
______________________Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>

    Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
    Institut für Theoretische Physik III
    Staudtstr. 7  ...  D-91058 Erlangen  ...  Room No. U1.526
    Tel: +49 9131 / 85-28816  ...  Mobile: +49 179 / 7475199