Re: [Texmacs-dev] [patch] Update for new Axiom prompt

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [patch] Update for new Axiom prompt
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:18:01 +0200 (CEST)

> Here is a patch that allow to use TeXmacs with latest (and future)
> release of Axiom. The issue is that the old proprietary Axiom from NAG
> was using a double prompt at startup. The new free Axiom not. This patch
> fixes the issue (plus some compilation warning fixes).
>
> This patch was taken against TeXmacs 1.0.1. From changelog, nothing has
> changed for Axiom interface between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 versions.

Thanks a lot for the patch. Is there already a version of the free
Axiom system available now which I can try (binary if possible)?

> BTW, in the Texte>Session french menu of TeXmacs, Axiom session is
> written "Axiome" and not "Axiom". Juding from occurences of "axiome" in
> TeXmacs sources, it seems that automatic translation is a bit to speedy
> on the Session menu. :)

Yes I know, but this is not a priority for us now...

> Yet another point: would it be possible to add a link to Axiom on the
> "Mathematics" link (http://texmacs.org/Web/Links3.html) on TeXmacs web
> site?

You may soon add an entry with explanation yourself :^) I am redesigning
the web site at the moment and will soon put the stuff on texmacs-doc.