[Texmacs-dev] Re: segmentation fault of texmacs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: segmentation fault of texmacs
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:31:00 +0100 (CET)

Dear Nobuki,

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Nobuki Takayama wrote:
> thank you very much for your advices.
>
> I'm happy with trying the TeXmacs over the weekend.
> We have one more problem of using the pipe interface of TeXmacs.
> For example, if we input
>     1+1;  shift+return   2+2;  return
> to  the TeXmacs,
> then, our cas gets the data
>    1+1; '\n' 2+2; '\n'
> and outputs
>   DATA_START 2 DATA_END
>   DATA_START 4 DATA_END,
> which, of course, makes the TeXmacs confused.
>
> My question is that "is there a way to translate
>    shift+return
> and
>    return
> into different ascii codes, so that the cas gets
> string data such as
>    1+1; '\r' 2+2; '\n'?"

Yes; you may want to take a look at

        plugins/gnuplot/progs/init-gnuplot.scm

The routine 'gnuplot-serialize' defines a custom routine
for string serialization. The idea is that the input *tree*
is converted to a string before passing it to asir.
This conversion involves rewriting fractions to
the ()/() notation, superscripts to ^(), etc.
What you may want to do is take the output of
the usual routine and replace the "\n" by something else.

Best wishes, Joris