[Texmacs-dev] Move by word, sentence, paragraph - and the Guile interfac

From: Felix Breuer
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Move by word, sentence, paragraph - and the Guile interface in general
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:56:01 +0200

Hello Joris, David and everybody else!

1) Move by word, sentence, paragraph

These are features found in most text editors that I would like to see
in TeXmacs as well. AFAIK they are not implemented [a]. I looked at the
Guile interface, but didn't see any way to implement these functions. I
might even dig into the C++ source, but not without some guidance
beforehand. Pointers, anyone?

  [a] I tried to and succeeded with implementing a multi-clipboard via
  Guile, only to find out, that TeXmacs already *has* a multi-clipboard.
  :-/ I should have checked more thoroughly in advance :) If there is
  any interest I could turn my experiments into a mini-tutorial...

2) Documentation of the Guile Interface

Joris, you already mentioned your big plans (Guile as a plugin, pluggable
stylesheet languages) to me. Do you have some time frame in mind? I am
thinking about several features that I would like to implement, and I
would like to know a) whether your plans include changes to the Guile
(or C++) API that I should wait for. Also, I need to understand the Guile
API better before I can begin and I am ready to help documenting the
interface while I learn to use it. I have some general questions about
the internal structure of the editor though, and if you do not mind I
would ask them (in my next mail) and write up a summary of your answers
for the manual :)

BTW, the documentation of TeXmacs improved *a lot* since the last time I
looked (about a year ago). Congrats!

Regards,
Felix