Re: [Texmacs-dev] unexpected behavior in stm->tmcolor

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] unexpected behavior in stm->tmcolor
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:42:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Corey,

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> I'm working on some improvements to tmhtml.scm, i want to get the rgb
> values of a color, so for example the color "green" should become (0
> 255 0) or whatever.  And i'll want it to come from a central location
> so i don't have to add new color names in the lookup table every
> couple days.

Yes, we probably need a more centralized system. See also

        src/Window/X/x_init.cpp

> in progs/convert/tools/tmcolor, I get the folowing behavior:
>
> (tmcolor->stm (tmcolor 0 0 0))
> -> "black"
>
> (stm->tmcolor "black")
> -> #t
>

> Now i'm learning what the functions are supposed to do by probing
> them.  So I need to ask, is this the expected behavior of
> stm->tmcolor?

David Allouche wrote the Scheme color conversion routines,
but he is not actively contributing to TeXmacs anymore.
So I can't tell you whether this is a bug; it seems so to me.
In fact the color stuff needs to be rewritten anyway.