[Texmacs-dev] 3 questions i'm stuck on.

From: Corey Sweeney
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] 3 questions i'm stuck on.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:45:54 -0500

Hi everyone.  Development of my texmacs/web tutorial is comming along
great.  I've gotten stuck on 3 questions though.  I'm hopeing someone
will able to help:

Question #1:
The documentation talks about how we have the ability to insert
comments.  However I have seen no place where it tells you *how* to
insert comments.  i tried using the differnt quotes and stuff to no
avail.  I see 2 types of comments that woudl be usefull.

type 1 - when writing a document, having "notes to self" that display
on the screen, but don't print.
type 2 - when working in "source code" or style sheets or whatever,
having functions that don't run, and notes on future possibilities in
the programming context.

how do we do either/bolth of these?

Question #2:

A quick bacrground  - In the tmhtml.scm file they referenced a
function (tmhtml env title).  This grabs the state from a macro called
tmdoc-title, and i don't know how.   When using the tmdoc-traversal
package, and i type <tmdoc-title|neatotitle>, the string "neatotitle"
comes out of the tmhtml function.  I tried to do something similar
that created a null macro like <assign|web-title|macro|titlename|<arg
titlename>> and it did not work.

So my question is - How do I maintain state from macro calls, in the
standard texmacs way?

A related issue is the question: why do we use "assign" instead of
"define" which is speced in R5RS?  it would seem to me i would want to
do <assign|web-title|macro|titlename|<define|web-title-name-var|<arg
titlename>>>, but if assign was define, we could reference the
"web-title" variable directly, and the second define would be
irrelavant.

Question #3:
what does tools->web->create web site do?  I have not been able to
find any documentation on it, or notice it doing anything when i click
it :)

Thanks to all,

Corey