[Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] macros, passing paramaters to with, and usin

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] macros, passing paramaters to with, and using includes
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:17:19 +0100

Corey Sweeney wrote:

quick note: I found my "arg" problem was that i *had* to enter args via the toolbar, and could not type \arg{enter}intro

I got a chance to try this:

<assign|include-with-intro-x|<macro|filename|intro-text|<with|intro|<arg|intro-text>|<extern|(lambda
(x) (tree-load-inclusion ((eval-string (string-append "tree-" (substring
"\<gtr\>" 4 5) "stree")) x)))|<arg|filename>>>>>

<include-with-intro-x|queries.tm|this is my introductary text>

This works on loading the include, and does properly display the "this is my introductary text" in the middle of the document. (which is just a "<value|intro-text>" in the document). So much progress has been made. However when I try to place the cursor inside "this is my introductary text" to edit it (inside the embedded document that is now displaying), it won't edit. It would edit when i made macros for my web page. Made a macro that would add borders, and you were automatically able to type on the inside, in a wysiwyg manner.

As soon as you use <value|...> the editability is lost.
Editability is only maintained for <arg|...> objects.

P.S. Let me know if your gonna add something like that "> converter" to the texmacs scheme libraries. Also let me know what char you'd use, so I don't have to go change my files when I start using it.

I will not add something like that "> converter" into TeXmacs, otherwise Joris would crucify me :-). To workaround this problem, it is much simpler to store
the necessary hacks in your own my-init-texmacs.scm.

In fact, the appropriate solution is to improve the unquoting mechanism
in such a way that the appropriate conversion would be done inside
an <extern|...> : the current behaviour is clearly buggy.

Inside TeXmacs, we should for instance definitely be able to write :
<extern|(lambda (x) (string->tree x))|<arg|x>> without any problems.