[Texmacs-dev] License of the extra-fonts and windows-fonts tarballs

From: René van Bevern
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] License of the extra-fonts and windows-fonts tarballs
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:49:01 +0200

Hello,

I aim to provide the Debian distribution of TeXmacs with Type1 fonts
From either the extra-fonts or the windows-fonts packages [0] (I'll
find out which are already provided by other packages and which
aren't), as this prevents some problems like long font generation or
errors during that process [1]. And besides that, they seem to yield
better document results. ;-)

However, there is no license statement included in the tarballs. This
makes it quite difficult to even only distribute them, since there is
no written permission. Joris stated earlier [2] that the fonts were
generated from the .mf sources, I seem unable to find these.

It'd be nice if somebody could make the origin and license terms of
usage of these fonts more clear to me. :-)

Thank you,
      René

[0]
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/fonts/TeXmacs-extra-fonts-1.0-noarch.tar.gz
    ftp://texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/fonts/TeXmacs-windows-fonts-1.0-noarch.tar.gz
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/texmacs-dev/2006-01/msg00011.html

--
René van Bevern,
0662 B928 E386 E2EF 0E8A  E2EE C26D 3034 7C71 4C78