Re: [Texmacs-dev] can't do "insert session" in texmacs

From: Vadim
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] can't do "insert session" in texmacs
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:53:17 +0400

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

>On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 09:21:46PM +0400, Vadim wrote:
>

>>I asked about the problem on texmacs-users, but should probably repost
>>for developers, sorry if this is wrong decision.
>>

>Sorry for not replying you earlier. Please do
>
>       Tools -> Test -> Backtrace errors
>
>and send us the backtrace for the scheme error you got.

thank you for your advise,

finally I resolved the problem.

TeXmacs do not crash within Tools -> Test -> Backtrace errors , but I
didn't got my maxima session either.

My problem was - my maxima start was noisy due to ~/.clisprc.lisp file,
and detection scripts did not recognize anything, and spurious output
probably bring texmacs into inconsistent state.

While being here, I found very bad piece of code, however:

inside /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/ both maxima_detect and tm_maxima contain:

PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Maxima-5.9.2/bin:$PATH"
PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Maxima-5.9.3/bin:$PATH"
export PATH

there is also a line
CYGWIN_ROOT="C:\cygwin"
which is just wrong escaping sequence.

IMO such concrete paths from single person, executing on every PC, is
simply wrong, and just removing these obsolete lines will simply improve
things.

Yet selecting the path c:\Program Files\Maxima-5.9.2 for maxima
installation is simply stupid.

Should I send fixer patch for this problem?

Best regards,
Vadim.