[Texmacs-dev] encoding

From: slept
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] encoding
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:48:55 +0200

Hi,

I was having problems with spell checking in texmacs. The problem occurs for german encoding. The Problem is that texmacs is not using utf. To make things work, the spell checking command has to be changed from

TeXmacs] Launching 'aspell -a -d ngerman -T latin1'

                    aspell -a -l de --encoding=iso8859-15

I am not sure how texmacs is handing over the words so the command / where to find it in the source so I can't fix it myself. I checked files like that on command line " aspell -c -l de --encoding=iso8859-15 filename.tm" and things work fine. I am running debian lenny, but this might be a non debian specific problem. Of cause it would be nice if the encoding of texmacs files would be changed to utf, but I have no idea how much work that would be. I guess other languages/encodings are affected as well.

Thanks,
Sebastian