Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem in Windows

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem in Windows
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:13:25 +0200

PeterSteph wrote:

I have just installed TexMacs in Windows. Yesterday it worked fine. Suddenly today it looks as this:
You lost track all your Scheme files, it seems. In
practice, due to lack of mainteainers, it is not easy
for us to diagnose what happens with the windows version
of TeXmacs. We plan to solve this problem by replacing
the current windows version, but its not done yet.

=> If possible, using Linux is better, TeXmacs works
 flawlessly there.

Otherwise, there are in fact 2 versions of TeXmacs
for windows :

(1) The native WinTeXmacs, which is currently unmaintained ;

(2) The Cygwin-based CygTeXmacs, which is built from exactly
 the same code as the Linux-based TeXmacs. Provided Cygwin
 works correctly on your computer, this version should also
 work.