[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs crashing on Qt 4.4

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs crashing on Qt 4.4
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:34:35 +0200

Hi all,
 I've fixed some problems with the Qt port but it continues to crash
on my Linux  machine with Qt 4.4. I've tried to cook up test programs
to make Qt crash the same way TeXmacs make it crash but without
success. Finally I've tried to compile Qt 4.4.3 without sse2 support
(-no-sse2 during configure) and it works fine without crashes. So I
think something weird is going on and that we should report to
Trolltech for a possible bug in Qt. Somebody could try the last CVS on
other Linux boxes and report if it works or crashes? thanks.
Apparently there is another problem linked with 64 bits but now I'm
concerned with a crash affecting 32 bit machines causing TeXmacs to
crash while opening the "Open File" dialog box. The exact point of the
crash is while performing some sse2 optimized operation in
QImage::fill.

Somebody has suggestions in how to proceed ?
It would be nice to have a simple program showing the bug to use it to
talk with Trolltech.

Best,

Massimiliano Gubinelli