Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Nouveau plugin TeXgraph.

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Nouveau plugin TeXgraph.
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 15:28:47 +0100

Hi Emmanuel,

Happy new year to you and everybody else.

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:15:46PM +0100, Corcelle wrote:
> Bonsoir,
> >TeXgraphs seems to be confused if I install in $HOME/local;
> >I can run the program, but get several error messages.
> >The TeXmacs interface does not work for the moment,
> >but since we are currently making some changes in TeXmacs itself,
> >this could be our fault. Anyway, I will not have much time to
> >try again for a while. I fixed the init-texgraph.scm file
> >by requiring TeXgraphCmd in the path.
> TeXgraphCmd isn't know by the system but only by latex (using
> texgraph.sty which is pasted in the TeX directory during the
> installation of TeXgraph). So, in the 1.0.7.1 version the plugin isn't
> recognized.
> The solution is to require startTeXgraph instead of TeXgraphCmd.
> In the init-texgraph.scm, the line :
>         (url-exists-in-path? "TeXgraphCmd")
> should be replaced by :
>         (url-exists-in-path? "startTeXgraph")
>
> I can do that in addition to a few corrections I made and a new entry
> for the html help inside TeXmacs and post the result.

Please create an account on Savannah and send me your ID.
Since a few weeks, development now takes place via SVN,
so you can commit the changes by yourself.

The only point about which I would like you to be careful is to load
none of the modules besides init-texgraph.scm if TeXgraph is not present.
The point is that incorrect plug-in code sometimes crashes TeXmacs
(and in particular a former version of your plug-in did),
which is an undesired side-effect...

Best wishes, Joris