Re: [Texmacs-dev] Savannah news

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Savannah news
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 14:24:20 +0200

Hi,

On 3 juin 09, at 12:18, David Allouche wrote:

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:37, Gubinelli Massimiliano <address@hidden> wrote:
We should think about making local copies of the repo to avoid this kind of problems.
A regular Rsync with the repo should be fine. Somebody has an available machine for that?

Backing up a subversion repo using rsync is not fine. If the rsync occurs concurrently with a commit, the produced backup can have inconsistent, corrupt data.

The correct way of backing up a svn repo is using "svnadmin dump", or other similar tools that are aware of svn transactions.

I've looked at svnadmin dump and it seems that there is an option for incremental dumping of revisions. The problem is that I'm not sure project administrators have the right to run svnadmin on savannah.
Do we have other options to be sure to have regular backups of the repository?

massimiliano