Re: [Texmacs-dev] "Overloading ambiguity" error in compiling 1.0.7.2

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] "Overloading ambiguity" error in compiling 1.0.7.2
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:23:14 +0200

Hi Kostas,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:56:38AM -0400, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
> "./Typeset/Boxes/Modifier/change_boxes.cpp", line 603:
> Error: Overloading ambiguity between
>
> tm_new<action_box_rep, list<int>, box, tree, command, bool,
> list<int>>(list<int>&, const box&, tree&, command&, bool&,
> list<int>&)
>
> tm_new<action_box_rep, list<int>, box, tree, command, bool,
> list<int>>(const list<int>&, const box&, const tree&, const
> command&, const bool&, const list<int>&)

Very annoying. I hope this is the only occurrence of this problem.
This is due to f****** C++; I did not find a clean way to redefine
the new operator for TeXmacs objects only (avoiding interaction with Qt).
I had to explicitly list all cases of tm_new in fast_alloc.hpp.

You may try to disambiguate by casting the first argument to
const list<int>& and see if that works. You may also try to
add additional tm_new forms in fast_alloc.hpp.
Please play a bit and tell me what works for you.

Best wishes, Joris