Re: [Texmacs-dev] maxima plugin mods

From: bytecolor
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] maxima plugin mods
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joris,

So, in your view, plotting should be completely handled on the Maxima side. I
had struggled with both. I could be done either way. The idea I had with
tm-plotxxx commands was to give the user a choice; Do you want to plot
externally or in-line? Use tm-plotxxx for inline, native Maxima commands for
external. The differnet Maxima versions is a bit of a sticky situation as well.

Actually I've kind of put this off to the side to work on the hhelp plugin.
Writing it is giving me a better understanding of the internals of TeXmacs.
Once I grok TeXmacs and Scheme I'll probably return to Maxima. WYSIWYG math and
the Maxima plug-in are what drew me to TeXmacs in the first place.

--
bytecolor (S. Edward Dolan)