Re: [Texmacs-dev] problems with ecti10.pfb

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] problems with ecti10.pfb
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:36:18 +0200

Hi Joris,

On 24 sept. 09, at 22:34, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

Hi Max,

No, everything works fine on my postscript laser printer...

Indeed it is strange since (at least before summer) I didn't have this problem. And the problem is present only when I print the files (unfortunately I do not have other printer for testing). To remove it I actually replaced the problematic fonts in TeXmacs/fonts/type1/ec/ (essentially ecbi10.pfb, ecbx12.pfb and ecti10.pfb by equivalent version obtained by reencoding some of the Latin Modern fonts. This make me think about the fact that this replacement can be pushed into the standard distribution since the Latin Modern version of CM have more compact representation than the default TeXmacs ec*.pfb fonts (which as far as I understand are obtained by tracing the MetaFont generated CM font bitmaps). Do you think this is possible in full generality? Latin Modern contains a lot of gliphs and my replacements seems to work fine.

Best
Massimiliano

Best wishes, --Joris