Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem of division in scheme.

From: Corcelle
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem of division in scheme.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:16:36 +0200 (CEST)

> There are differences in the arithmetic of guile between 1.8*
> and before, due, among others, to the use of gmp.
> It is better not to depend to much on the arithmetic of guile...
>
> Best wishes, --Joris

Thank you for the precision.

I use a lot this arithmetic of scheme-guile in the math extension of the
graphics mode. In fact, all the constructions are based on complex operations.
What would be the best solution to go around this problem ? Use another
"engine" for the calculus ?
In that case, which one should I choose and would it be as easy as scheme to
use ?

It's true that, in that case, I could have more powerful tools for my
calculations.

Have a good day.

Emmanuël