Re: [Texmacs-dev] problem in developing my own tool bar in Texmacs

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] problem in developing my own tool bar in Texmacs
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:58:31 +0200

Hi,

On 6 oct. 09, at 08:15, siva prasad wrote:

hello all,
I am trying to develope my own tool bars to TeXmacs. For that I have to edit cpp files.
Will you let me know which files I have to edit and Which functions I have to use to create tool bars??
Thank you,
siva,
address@hidden

 I already tried to answer your question some days ago. I doubt somebody else will do it so if you didn't undestand my answer please tell me (or ask a more precise question) and I will try to explain you better the structure of the Qt port. For reference I copy below my previous answer.

regards,
Massimiliano Gubinelli

-----

Hi,
the abstract gui interface between backends and TeXmacs is described (in part) in src/src/Graphics/Gui/widget.hpp, in particular the following functions manage the creation of menus

widget horizontal_menu (array<widget> a);
widget vertical_menu (array<widget> a);
widget tile_menu (array<widget> a, int cols);
widget menu_separator (bool vertical);
widget menu_group (string name, string lan= "");
widget pulldown_button (widget w, promise<widget> pw);
widget pullright_button (widget w, promise<widget> pw);
widget menu_button (widget w, command cmd, string pre, string ks, bool ok);
widget balloon_widget (widget w, widget help);
widget text_widget (string s, color col, bool tsp= true, string lan="");
widget xpm_widget (url file_name);

The Qt-related code is in the directory src/src/Plugins/Qt/ in particular the menu widget interface between TeXmacs and Qt is contained in "qt_menu.{h,c}pp". The toolbars are constructed via scheme code which calls into functions of the abstract interface above returning a widget object representing the menu which is then passed to the widget object associated to the TeXmacs window to be installed as a Qt Toolbar in the QMainWindow object, see the method "qt_tm_widget_rep::write" in "qt_widget.cpp", in particular the handling of the SLOT_*_ICONS messages  which install the three different kinds of toolbars. They are called very often since toolbar can change when moving cursor.

Part of the scheme code is in src/TeXmacs/progs/texmacs/main-menu.scm

HTH,
Massimiliano