Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt queued processing attempt

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt queued processing attempt
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:25:14 +0100

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 01:43:07PM +0100, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
> I made an attempt to correclty implement check_event() in the Qt port.
> As already discussed on this list this attempt is based on a queued
> processing of Qt events sent to the TeXmacs canvas. This allow to look at
> the queue of unprocessed events to see if redrawing must stop or can
> continue and bypasses the limitiation (of many moder GUIs API) of not
> being able to peek into the Qt event queue. WARNING: this is an half
> baked attempt. It seems to work on my mac but redrawing must be improved.
> I post it to give to interested people the possibility of look at it and
> provide feedback or patches. At the moment there are no plans to merge it
> to the main repository. I'm willing to discuss also other possible
> approaches to the problem.

The patch seems to work, at least approximately (still have to perform
more detailed checks using certain timings). As a nice side-effect,
the blank screen bug when changing windows under Snow Leopard has disappeared.
However, when typing fast, non redrawn parts of the screen are cleared
instead of kept in their previous state. This induces a lot of flickering.

Best wishes, --Joris