Re: [Texmacs-dev] mathjax

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] mathjax
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:26:38 +0200

Definitely, this is the technology to use to produce HTML for the web.

Note the interactive typesetting feature

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/talks/2010-01-15.mathjax/lab.html

(tick 'typeset as you type')

Some browser based technology is going to present a serious challenge
to TeXmacs soon, at least at the level of small fragments. Content is
very atomized anyways on the web, where pagination is not an issue,
and more and more on-screen reading is to be expected as hardware gets
better.

I would like to know what is the vision, if there is one, for TeXmacs
integration with the web. The wiki and chat servers never worked for
me...

In a sense, mathjax works like the library TeXmacs never became (cf.
suggestion by Stéphane Payrard around in 2002).

Related, it is interesting to know about the progress of the LyX
frontend to LaTeX

v. 2.0 enhancements:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX20

user suggestion page (a similar repository would be useful for TeXmacs):
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/FeaturePoll

Is the officialization of QTeXmacs the time for a TeXmacs 2.0,
possibly with name change and promotion of the collaborative aspects
added lately, such as chat/wiki/version control?

-á.