[Texmacs-dev] svn:eol-style=native causes problem under Windows

From: Zou Hu
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] svn:eol-style=native causes problem under Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:56:07 +0800 (CST)

Hi all, It seems that when texmacs changed versioning system from cvs to svn, most of the source files were set svn property svn:eol-style=native, this would cause some problem under Windows when using TortoiseSVN.

When using TortoiseSVN under Windows to checkout texmacs source, the line endings of most of the files are set to \r\n since svn:eol-style=native. This firstly causes config.h not correctly generated from config.in when running ./configure. I have found this problem occured due to the following command in configure file

awk -f defines.awk config.in > config.h

handled config.in file wrongly when config.in was of \r\n line endings.

Even after I changed line ending of config.in and successly built texmacs, texmacs would crash when starting, since there are more files whose line endings need to be changed,such as the following files: texmath.syx, long.vfn, nagate.vfn, misc.vfn.

I think it would be better to remove this svn property for all source files.