[Texmacs-dev] Texmacs plugin / Multiline support broken?

From: sylvain
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs plugin / Multiline support broken?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 15:28:54 +0200

Hi everybody,

compiling the Multiline example and running it, I would have expected a
sample session to be like:

----------------------------
Multiline] > hello
Multiline] > world;
hello
world
----------------------------

,that is, that the plugin echoes the input only when there is a
terminating ';'.

Instead, it is:
----------------------------
Multiline] > hello
  hello
Multiline] > world
  world
----------------------------

It seems that I am not the first to hit this (ref:
http://dkbza.org/tmPython.html, see section "bug")

I am using the version of Texmacs provided by Ubuntu. I don't know how
to get it to output its running version?

BTW, the C++ of the example(s) doesn't compile right-away on my system
(with g++ (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3). Is there a compiler switch I
should set for compatibility? Or should I send a patch?

Multiline support is something the plugin I am writing could really make
good use of. I do hope there is a workaround.

Greetings,
Sylvain

PS: thanks very very much to all developers of Texmacs for this project,
this is truly a great program.