[Texmacs-dev] Marking a file dirty

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Marking a file dirty
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:47:33 +0200

Currently in the QT version of TeXmacs the only way I know to know the
state of a file is to check in the Go menu. The filename in the title
bar stays the same after modifications, but the Go menu element
receives an asterisk in front of the filename.

I like the way Inkscape does it. When the file is exactly the
representation on disk, the full path is printed in the title bar.
When it is changed, just the filename (no path) is shown. It makes it
clear that it is an unsaved buffer with a candidate name but not equal
to the file stored at the path, and that this synchronization happens
upon save. It also makes it easier to compare files with the same
filename on different paths.

-á.