[Texmacs-dev] Qt Fonts

From: Aleksandr Dobkin
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Qt Fonts
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 19:49:35 -0600

I would like to announce that I finally updated my TeXmacs fork on
Gitorious. The primary changes over mainline TeXmacs is the inclusion
of additional built in fonts, primary a Time work-alike based on GNU
FreeFont, and high-quality rendering using Qt.

The motivation is that I really don't like the Computer Modern font
which is the default in TeXmacs, but I like Times. There is some
support for a Times-like font already, but kerning is bad, ligatures
don't work, and math mode doesn't work. So I put in good support for
Times including good kerning, ligatures, and math support.

Also, the font rendering is TeXmacs is not very good. I replaced this
with native OS rendering via Qt.

The fork is available at

https://gitorious.org/~adob/texmacs/texmacs-otf

Please check it out.

Font files have been added to the TeXmacs/fonts so no further action
beyond make; make install is required. I intend to maintain an
up-to-date fork by merging from mainline TeXmacs periodically.

Sample output: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/384906/texmacs-fonts/sample2.pdf
Sample source: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/384906/texmacs-fonts/sample3.tm

Alex