Re: [Texmacs-dev] new feature: copy as image, export selection as image

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] new feature: copy as image, export selection as image
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:27:43 +0100

That seems very good.

For me I prefer the other way around, If only inkscape could render svg composed from texmacs macros within the texmacs document.

Sam

On Jul 6, 2012 1:24 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear all,

Those who were in Albufeira probably remember the hack I showed that allowed to copy-paste from TeXmacs to Inkscape with the possibility to re-edit the original content in TeXmacs. With this feature, one can use Texmacs as a convenient wysiwyg equation editor for Inskcape. You can also copy-paste other image formats (png, jpg ...) to other applications (e.g. LibreOffice), but with no re-edition capability so far.

What I showed in Albufeira was really an ugly hack on the texmacs side, partly implemented with a python script. With some input from Joris I could rewrite this in scheme, and Joris recently committed it.

Please be kind enough to consider this stuff as work in progress. Presently I would say it is fairly usable in Linux (on which I develop) and Joris reports it works already partly on MacOS. I'd greatly appreciate help from those of you guys working on MacOS (Max, Miguel, any free time?) and Windows (Denis?) to make it fully working on those platforms.

See the attached file for installation instructions, usage, and present limitations/known issues.

Best regards,
Philippe