Re: [Texmacs-dev] 1.0.7.16 X version crashes upon selecting "View" menu

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] 1.0.7.16 X version crashes upon selecting "View" menu
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:13:58 +0200

A panel at the side of the window holding any information or widget
the user chooses to put there. An arbitrary number of such panels may
(in the future) be configured. I use it to display currently defined
labels and references to them, for instance. But I think the option in
the view menu should not have made it to release 1.0.7.16, because the
panel has to be enabled during compilation.

If you want to experiment, recompile setting use_side_tools = true
inside src/Graphics/Gui/widget.cpp. It will load the scheme widget
texmacs-side-tools, which by default shows all the tags surrounding
the current cursor position. You can redefine the widget anytime. I
use the following for instance while working on large documents, when
typesetting becomes slow:

(tm-widget (texmacs-side-tools)
  (texmacs-input "" (noop) #f))

You have some info on writing widgets using scheme in Help->Scheme
extensions->Customizing and extending the user interface, but I still
have to finish it (sorry!). There are a few examples in menu-test.scm,
though.

Best,
________________
Miguel de  Benito.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Miguel, thanks.  By the way, what are the "side tools" supposed to be?
>
>                         Kostas
>
>> Hi, thanks for the report. It should work now.
>> ________________
>> Miguel de  Benito.
>>

>> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> When I start up 1.0.7.16 under X, with no document open and select "View"
>>> from the toolbar, this is what happens:
>>>
>>> Error: could not set string attribute side tools
>>>
>>> TeXmacs] Fatal error, widget_error
>>> TeXmacs] Crash report saved in
>>> /export/home/ko/.TeXmacs/system/crash/crash_report_2
>>> TeXmacs] Current buffer report saved in
>>> /export/home/ko/.TeXmacs/system/crash/crash_report_2_tree
>>> Assertion failed: false, file ./Plugins/Widkit/Misc/texmacs_widget.cpp,
>>> line
>>> 422, function handle_get_string