Re: [Texmacs-dev] maxima plugin in 1.0.7.16 Qt version makes cpu busy

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] maxima plugin in 1.0.7.16 Qt version makes cpu busy
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:48:54 -0400

Hi Miguel,

I am running maxima 5.26, but I don't think maxima is the problem.
The X version of TeXmacs works fine with maxima 5.26.
Also, the same problem occurs with other plugins, e.g. the gnuplot plugin. Qt version makes cpu
busy, X version works fine.

It seems to me that there is some difference in how the Qt version "talks" to plugins.

By the way, all this is happening on Solaris.

                        Kostas
Hi,

   I just downloaded the Maxima 5.27 bundle from their website and
tried with the latest SVN version and I see no problem with the CPU.
Can you confirm if this version fixes it for you?

I can however say that detection of Maxima is not ok under MacOS
because one has to add it to the path. If someone feels like it, this
could be fixed with a bit of AppleScript and
[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace]
absolutePathForAppBundleWithIdentifier:theBundleIdentifier]