[Texmacs-dev] Ctrl-x key binding seems not working

From: Tian-Min Yan
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Ctrl-x key binding seems not working
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 11:14:23 +0200

Hi all,

I found all key sequences with C-x *, mostly used in Emacs mode,  do not work. I built the application with the latest svn version, but this problem has existed for a long time since Qt version came to the mainstream. I am wondering if other people have the similar trouble, it appears to me nobody concerned about this issue before and I don't know if this problem is specific to me. I am working on Ubuntu 13.04. The program was built with Qt 4.8.4 and Guile 1.8.8.

I tried to locate the problem. In the initialization part, the Scheme code and main architecture (tm_config.cpp and edit_keyboard.cpp) work fine. All shortcut sequences are enumerated properly, which are referred by apply_wildcards (string s, hashmap<string,tree> w) without any problem.

When I tried to type something, either the 'Ctrl' or 'x' is immediately caught by the application. The problem occurs when I type their combination, it seems QTMWidget::keyPressEvent (QKeyEvent* event) never catches the Ctrl-x, 'QKeyEvent* event' does not report anything.

In order to rule out the possible conflict between the system key binding and TeXmacs, I built a Qt demo application to process keyboard event. Ctrl-x works just fine. Now I have no idea why Ctrl-x just slips in TeXmacs for no reason... I appreciate any help from you.

PS. The funny thing was when I type 'C-x C-c', or 'C-x k', it really works to close window.

Best regards,
Tian-Min