Re: [Texmacs-dev] Roadmap towards next stable version [was Re: const ref

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Roadmap towards next stable version [was Re: const refs (yes, again), joint task proposal]
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:46:56 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
I would prefer working in a file-based manner, which keeps the diffs
more understandable; David Allouche wanted to do this a long time ago,
starting with the stuff in src/Kernel, and so on.

I tried file based first but interdependencies in the code seemed to make it hard. One also has to keep a lot more things in mind about the peculiarities of the data types involved, the usage of the functions, etc. For me it's more manageable the other way around, but I'll try.

However, the moment is not exactly well chosen.  My priority is to work
towards the next stable version.  The current roadmap is as follows:

I understand. However, as I said, I only wanted to set up the task in savannah to gather advances in this particular thing. What do you think about committing work as it's done and verified? This is mainly to avoid conflicts integrating later.

  1) Complete to upgrade the user interface using the new widgets.
     This is almost finished, although several tweaks on the Qt side
     would still improve things.

Prepare that list and I'll do my best, although it's not the best moment for me to do anything requiring more than a commute in the train worth of time (constref'ing fits perfectly there ;)

Optionally, we might want to implement  Search/Replace in a more modern way, but I might not have time for that.

This would be *very* good inded. It's very annoying right now.

  3) Reorganizing the menus, I had some further minor ideas about improving
     the editor's interface for certain tags.  I plan to work a week or so on that.

I did some work on an editor for the bibliography: a widget to select the file and the style, as well as preview it. But I ran into trouble with the preview and left it there. I can commit the first part of the work, which is already better than the automatically built interactive question.

  5) Feature freeze, improvement of the documentation, updates of translations.

Deadline? And please, do give notice in advance!

If you have some time, then it would be nice to robustify the Qt interface.

I've found a couple of possible leaks related to QPixmaps, but I'm still at a loss as to what the cause of the recent crashes might be.
--
Miguel de  Benito.