Re: [Texmacs-dev] ubuntu, packages : several discussions on the list tex

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] ubuntu, packages : several discussions on the list texmacs-dev
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:16:14 +0100

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
I think a .tar.gz remains the simplest option.

IF one forgets about automatic updates. Or if we roll out our own auto-updates system. As I said it’s not difficult per se, just wasted effort since we have a proven mechanism for that, namely rpm.

Why do you prefer writing an external tool to connect to the server, parse the xml, check for updates, download, unpack, verify the signature and install, instead of adding a few lines to the TeXmacs.spec file?
--
Miguel de  Benito.