Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] New binary versions under Linux

From: raux
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] New binary versions under Linux
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 11:37:49 +0200

Those versions are supposed to be 'universal' not link to a specific
distribution. They aim to provides TeXmacs for distributions which don't
have it and also to give opportunity to have a newer version without
recompiling. Else this versions could have some side effects like François
noticed it.

I didn't fully test but I would say 'old' is before kernel 2.6. We
targeted distributions that are 10 years old.