Re: [Texmacs-dev] how could I start translation?

From: François Poulain
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] how could I start translation?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:33:31 +0200

Hi,

Le Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:06:04 +0800,
胡小柯 <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I open
> path-to-texmacs-source/Texmacs/langs/natural/dic/english-chinese.scm
> with TeXmacs, but I see the utf-8 code directly, not Chinese
> characters. I set language as Simplified Chinese, font as
> Fireflysung, but it did not work. So, how could I fix this?

This is because the default font is not able to print chinese
characters.

If you activate "New style fonts" in Tools -> Experimental and restart
TeXmacs, it should works properly.

> Or should
> I use another tool to go on with translation? I use Lokalize or
> poedit for translation with PO file, but I not familiar with
> these .scm files.

You can use any editor of your choice, provided that it produce utf8
strings. The scm files are "Scheme" sources. For translation purpose, it
consist in a list of couples (english, translated). It roughly works
like PO files.

Thanks for helping TeXmacs development.

Best regards.
François