Re: [Texmacs-dev] Manage to get Maxima session in TeXmacs in Windows. Re

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Manage to get Maxima session in TeXmacs in Windows. Relatively easy workaround.
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:49:37 +0000

Well done for making it work and finding the reason.

And thanks for posting the solution.

Sam

On 19 Mar 2015 8:41 pm, "Adrian S." <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everyone. I managed to get Maxima running in Windows. This is what I did:

(1) Install te TeXmacs binary, but *DO NOT*  install it in the default
location, but in one *THAT DOES NOT HAVE SPACES* (The location
"Program Files (x86)", which is the default, fails precisely because
of this reason.

In my case, I installed it in my desktop, with path:

C:\users\adrian\Desktop

(2) In the instalation directory, which in my case is
C:\users\adrian\Desktop\TeXmacs
go to the file

progs/kernel/texmacs/tm-plugins

and open it using notepad.

Then go to the line

(define-public (plugin-add-windows-path rad rel after?)
  (when (os-macos?)
    (add-windows-program-path (url-append rad rel) after?)))

and change it to

(define-public (plugin-add-windows-path rad rel after?)
  (when (os-mingw?)
    (add-windows-program-path (url-append rad rel) after?)))

If you had already started TeXmacs, then, in TeXmacs, update the
plugins to have it detect it.

I use Maxima 5.35.1.2

I do hope this helps others.

----More details below-------

The problem with the spaces seems to be coming from the line in the file
init-maxima in the following part:
      `((:launch
         ,(string-append "maxima.bat -p \"" (getenv "TEXMACS_PATH")
                         "\\plugins\\maxima\\lisp\\texmacs-maxima.lisp\"")))

Running the command  code in Scheme in my computer, it gives:

((#:launch "maxima.bat -p
\"C:\\Users\\adrian\\Desktop\\TeXmacs\\plugins\\maxima\\lisp\\texmacs-maxima.lisp\""))

which has no problems, but if I install in the default location, it
outputs a location with spaces, which somehow had to be escaped
somehow. I do not know how to fix that.

Take care.
Peace
-Adrian.