Re: [Texmacs-dev] Question about the typesetting code

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Question about the typesetting code
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 21:20:31 +0200

Dear Kristoffer,

 more or less all that need high speed like typesetting is coded in C++. I do
not understand what you mean by hardcoding, but if you have in mind some
modularity of the code, this is indeed present but not at the level of a
separate typesetting library. I’m experimenting a bit in a separate git
repository in ways of decouple more the typesetter/editor from the GUI stuff.
Maybe with some effort the typesetter could be extracted, but this is not in
the current development plans. Anyway the code is quite modular so it does not
seems impossible.

Best
Max