thales-misc

Re: [Thales] Fatal error - bug

From: Magnet
Subject: Re: [Thales] Fatal error - bug
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:33:23 +0100

Lucas Nussbaum <address@hidden> racontait :
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 12:27:08PM +0100, Sebastian Krohn
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks!
>>
>> About an hour ago my thales crashed sending the following error
>> message:
>>
>> --- snip ---
>> *** Global -- from thales.irc.darksystem.net: FATAL ERROR! Query
>>     failed: Duplicate entry '#' for key 2 (IRC context :
>>     :gimli.irc.darksystem.net SJOIN 1069150236 #² + :@Shinji[tEs])
>> --- snip ---
>>
>> The log is exactly the same.
>>
>> I use thales 0.9.4 attached to bahamut 1.4.33.
>>
>> Is this a known problem?
>
> No. Can you reproduce it ? If yes, can you send me the full log
> privately ? (see contrib/logfilter)
>
> I'll try to work on thales soon. If others experience some other
> crashes, please report them so that I can fix them.

This is a common problem when there is a netmerge. In fact, it seems
Unreal ircd isn't very verbose about when a user should get deleted from
memory (and thus when Thales should delete the corresponding mysql row),
so the user gets duplicated and Thales uses INSERT on an existing
primary key.

To solve this problem, you should look how Unrealircd handles this stuff
since it seems a bit different from other common ircds. We have had the
same problem on a self-written service and if I remember well, it is all
about nick colliding, users deletion at squit or cascading squit, and
on.

I can provide logs since Thales crashes often with that error (or used
to crash -- didn't looked at Thales for a moment). Another possibility
is that hubs do sometime keep a duplicated user and send it twice, so
other leafs/hubs know how to process this, and Thales, just converting
rows to SQL without checking their validity, is crashing. In this case,
the bug is on Unreal side and not Thales'.

Btw, I assumed you use Unreal (that's the unreal Sjoin syntax and we
have this problem with Unreal, if you don't use this ircd please tell us
which one you do).

Good luck.

--
Magnet - address@hidden

 -= Star Wars ~ "YODA: Luke! You must complete the training." =-