thales-misc

Re: [Thales] config problems

From: Magnet
Subject: Re: [Thales] config problems
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 04:27:30 +0100

Chuck Robinson <address@hidden> racontait :
> OK - I am probably an idiot, but I can't figure this out - I am
> attempting to do the ./configure on the thales download and keep
> getting this:
>
> configure: error: Need MySQL client library!
>
> I am running Redhat 9
> mysql 3.23.58 - installed with the o/s
> I added the MySQL-shared-3.23.58-1.i586.rpm to the system
> I can find the libmysqlclient.so.10 and libmysqlclient_r.so.10 and
> libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 and libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0 all in the
> /usr/bin/mysql directory, though the first two are actually links.
>
> What am i doing wrong?  Do I need 4.0 installed instead of 3.23 or
> have I just screwed it up somehow?
>
> Thanks for any assistance

Try ldd thales to see if the library link is broken, in what case you
should either :
- update your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable (but you should avoid it, just
have a look at http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html)
- add the lib files' path to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig (as root)
- move the files to a directory listed in /etc/ld.so.conf

If it doesn't work then, well, maybe you should re-install everything,
and profit of this to switch to mysql-4.xx and libmysqlclient.so.12
which are considered as stable now.

Good luck

--
Magnet - address@hidden