thales-misc

Re: [Thales] About Thales IRC to mysql gateway.

From: john
Subject: Re: [Thales] About Thales IRC to mysql gateway.
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:19:19 +0200

hello
if the client is glined, klined or akilled on your server, it is impossible for him to connect on your irc server. do you want to autokill "web-account banned user @ snyggast" on your irc server with thales, don't you?

GrouGrou,
The 1st french snyggast fan ;)

address@hidden wrote:

Hello
First of all I would like to thank you for a great IRC to mYSQL gateway, I like
it alot. My name is Niklas Bivald and I run the IRC network chat.snyggast.se
(IRC network for the popular swedish youth site www.snyggast.se. Currently we
are not using tales as much as I would like (just to count users in channels)
but I'm planing to start using it more when I release V3 in a couple of month..
anyway..

I got a function suggestion, would it be possible to make an DB storing all G
and K-lines?

'Cause I was thinking about writing a PHP script where a user could lookup if he is banned and if so why, but also that any user who is glined won't be able to enter the webbklient and thereby saving resorces..
Any comments?

// Niklas Bivald
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all
be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive
electronic music."
- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Please note: Any mail sent with attachments such as: ZIP, EXE, PIFF, CMD will
be instantly removed. Please use winrar to .rar your files, or rename the file
to .txt and tell me what file extension it was supposed to have