thales-misc

[Thales] Thales + mySQL problems

From: Thomas David Dalladay-Morgan
Subject: [Thales] Thales + mySQL problems
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:28:58 +0100

Heya,

I've recently tried compiling exile (EvilNet mod of Thales) and Thales itself... During ./configure, I always get this error:

checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... yes checking /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h usability... yes checking /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h presence... yes checking for /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes configure: error: Need MySQL includes! You have to install the
  libmysqlclient-dev package.

As you can clearly see, the mySQL libraries HAVE been found, yet this error occurs, unless I change $mysqlhead -eq 0 to $mysqlhead eq 0. After that things compile just fine.

When trying to run Thales after make install and editing the conf file, I get this error:

  [Sep 09 17:54:13 2007] IRC context :
  [Sep 09 17:54:13 2007] FATAL: Failed to connect to database : Client
  does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
  consider upgrading MySQL client

I'm running Debian 3.1 with mysql-server-5.0 and mysql-client-5.0. libmysqlclient15-dev is installed (libmysqlclient-dev is a virtual package for the aforementioned).

If anyone could help, I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks,
~ Tom