Re: [therion-users] Packaging patches for 0.2.9-1

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [therion-users] Packaging patches for 0.2.9-1
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:32:39 +0100

> Hope this is useful.

Thanx a lot. Currently we're preparing V0.2.10, where a lot of serious bugs
are fixed. It's a very good idea to add there a man pages, I'll also check
compiler switches and other things you mentioned.

Putting therion on CVS server (and also applying more standards like
automake etc...) would be good, but currently we see no need for it, until a
serious amount of people will be intensively using and developing the
therion (OK, serious amount is 10 people ;-).

Otherwise we would rather focus on developement of functionality - because
even if the current code is not the standard, it's portable and functional.
The compilation warnings appears also in the standardized codes very often.

And the second thing, even more important - we must focus on making therion
accessible and usable for standard computer users! And those people again do
not care of GNU standards... This implies writing a cook-book where a map
creation will be described a very simple way and making Windows/MAC
installation CD with all batteries included (TeX, Perl, Tcl/Tk and Survex).

Thanks a lot for your support,

S.