[therion-users] Re: therion does a seg fault when I try and run it

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: [therion-users] Re: therion does a seg fault when I try and run it
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:14:48 +0200

Uff - this is the first time therion does not work on linux!

It seems to me, that this is some global problem with pointers on your machine. Following lines indicate this:

therion (null)

(null) should be a version number

processing projection (null) ... done.

(null) should be "plan". Both strings are given in C code as constants, so some part of therion is writing to the memory, it should not touch.

        therion gduxs:l:qLvhip:

This can be an indication - this is a string, that is passed to getopt library, so may be there are some conflicts of versions or something like that...

Could you please try the following make process:

make clean make config-macosx

than you have probably to change the line 42 in the Makefile (CC = cc) after that step to CC = gcc, and than

make

It should use the included getopt code, may be it will help you... If not, than probably only low-level debugging will help :(

Regards, S.