Re: [Therion] Slope symbol needed

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] Slope symbol needed
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:20:27 +0200

Wookey wrote:
> And there needs to be some
> way for users to find out symbol names. (I looked in mpost dir in source and
> grepped, but that is not suitable for users that want to change a symbol).

See "New map symbols" section in therion book. Symbol name is derived
from its type and subtype.

> Guys - how do we add new symbols like this? If the answer is 'rebuild
> therion from source' then something is wrong in the design...
> Maybe an extrernal path is checked as well as the internal library?

> It must be possible to have an external symbols library. I know you built
> everything in to avoid people having problems with paths, but it is a
> horrible hack. At least for the debian version I would really like to move
> the metpost and tex stuff back into the places it should be, then I hope
> adding new symbols would be something that could be by users.

This is not needed. You may do it via layout and thconfig files. Just
define your symbol definitions for example in layout BCRA in BCRA.config
file. Put this file into some of therion directories (listed in THERION
env variable). Then in your particular thconfig you just write:

input BCRA.config
export map -layout BCRA

Regards, S.